However, many people only know one thing, but do not know two things, or fail to grasp the essentials; they are not benefited, but harmed; therefore, in order to get the most benefit from stretching and ensure safety, the following principles must be observed:
1. Before stretching must first warm up; for example, the use of small jogging to increase body temperature, so that the muscles and tendons in a state of readiness, so that the effectiveness of stretching will improve, but also to reduce the chance of improper stretching instead of injury.
2. Do not pause to breathe when stretching; you should breathe very slowly and deeply; pausing to breathe and holding your breath will increase the negative oxygen debt, make the movement uncoordinated, and increase the chance of injury from stretching.
3. Before and after exercise should be stretching; people generally only remember to stretch before exercise; and after exercise all tired, they do not even want to move; in fact, after exercise, although the muscle pain, but still must be a gentle stretching, so that the muscle fibers can be re-adjusted, the speed of recovery from fatigue accelerated, the next exercise muscle conditions will be better.
4. The movement of stretching should be slow and gentle, never press hard or press sharply. The purpose of stretching is to use the elasticity and extension of muscle tendons to stimulate the nerve messages of muscle plexus nerves and tendon sensory vesicles, and gradually increase the stretching potential and endurance. Whether it is rhythmic or fixed (more than 30 seconds in a row), as long as it is gentle, it is effective; the most taboo is not to pull the tendons that are not normally pressed, but to seek rapid success and violent pressure, or others to impose external help; as long as the force is not appropriate, it will cause injury.
5. Replace the muscle groups of stretching; for the same action, there may be many muscles together to form a group with the same function to complete the action; however, these muscles, because of the different anatomical positions, may require different stretching actions to stretch one by one; in addition to the synergistic muscles, the fettle muscles with opposite directional effects must also be stretched equally; if the synergistic muscles have missed the stretch, in some extreme If there is no stretching of the antagonist muscles, they will lose balance when contracting strongly, which will also cause injury.
6. The degree of stretching is to feel a little "tension" or "acidity", but never to the degree of "pain". The feeling of "tension" or "soreness" is the correct response of muscle sensory neurons to the effectiveness of stretching; however, the feeling of "pain" is very close to the degree of injury. A successful warm-up stretching is a propeller for a good workout and a shield to avoid injuries; everyone must grasp the above principles and establish a routine that is most suitable for him or her, and then it becomes a habit. Stretching; the key is in a thought, do not leave anything to chance, and enjoy the fun; so, happiness and safety, are in it.