Maintenance of outdoor equipment
Do you really know how to use outdoor equipment? Spent a good price to have it. But some wrong maintenance methods will make your beloved baby sad and shed tears. It will also make your body suffer, so how exactly should outdoor equipment be maintained?
Tent cleaning and maintenance after use is very important, it is related to the service life of the tent, but also directly affect the future use, clean up the tent should be in accordance with the following procedures.1. Clean up the bottom of the tent, wipe clean mud, such as pollution can be used to lightly scrub water.
2. Drying the tent inside and outside the tent, to be restored to dry and then put away, if it is too late to dry the tent, remember that it must not be stored for a long time to avoid discoloration and mold, if there are conditions, immediately dry in the sun.
3. Clean up the mud and sand of the props.
4. Check the tent accessories and its integrity.
5. Should NOTbe cleaned with detergents to avoid affecting the waterproof effect.
Sleeping bag1. It is best to put in the sun after using.
2. Recommend to not to putin the compression bag, hang in the closet like clotheswould be better, but it is necessary to put it in when you hiking.
3. Cotton sleeping bag: turn the sleeping bag lining to the outside to wash, buckle the Velcro patch, use theneutral detergent to clear it is fine, and finally to rinse clean with water, remember to rinse more times.
4. Down sleeping bag: DO NOT dry clean, will destroy the warmth of down. Highly recommended to us sleeping bag liner, so you can reduce the number of washing. If dirty, you can use a special cleaner to deal with the dirty part.
The most important thing is not to use the washing machine, the cloth base of the easy to get dirty punching clothes are chemical fiber materials, it is easy to remove stains, with neutral laundry detergent soak for about five minutes, the more stolen places with a soft brush or sponge wipe a wipe can be clean, after cleaning without wringing directly hang hangers cool dry.
2. Hiking shoes
Clean the upper regularly, use a soft rag to wipe the dust with water or detergent after each activity, do not use a brush to brush hard, then put them in a ventilated place to dry, often keep the shoes dry inside. Avoid contact with sharp objects and chemicals. If the leather surface is worn, you can use a razor to shave off the hairy edge and apply a little leather care agent. Normally, you should avoid exposing the shoes to the sun and fire, and put them in a ventilated place to cool and dry after washing, avoiding direct sunlight to avoid aging, deformation, and mesh fracture.
To speed up the drying of soaked shoes, you should untie the laces, take out the insoles, open the boots to the maximum extent, and stuff newspapers into the shoes to absorb the moisture. Never let wet boots near a heat source, such as a fire or heater. Otherwise the leather will shrink, leaving you with a small half-size shoe or cracked leather. The rubber sole will melt.
Brush off the dust with a nylon shoe brush. For stubborn stains and salt stains, rinse with water then brush them off. Use an old toothbrush to brush off dirt from hidden places and crevices. Put baking soda into the boots to get rid of moisture and odor.
If the leather looks dry and starts to lose its color, you need to moisten it as soon as possible to prevent it from cracking. Consult the manufacturer of the shoes and use the method they recommend.
Use chrome steel to remove the rust from the metal.
Once your boots have been cleaned like new, store it in a cool, dry place away from light for the next use.
1. During the camping period, the backpack should be closed tightly, and the backpack should be covered with a backpack cover at night, even in sunny weather, dew will still stain the backpack.
2. You can put your empty backpack under your feet outside your sleeping bag to insulate it from the cold ground and improve the sleeping temperature. After camping, you must clean your backpack. If it is too dirty, use a neutral detergent to clean it and place it in the shade to dry, avoiding exposure to the sun for too long.
3. Backpack is scratched should be instantly sewn to use thicker needle and thread is specialized in sewing seat cushion needle tool must be sewn firmly, nylon thread can be broken by fire.
4. Collection backpack must be cool, dry environment, to avoid mold damage backpack cloth outer layer of waterproof coating. Check the stability of the main support points, such as the waist belt and shoulder straps, and the backpack system on weekdays to avoid deterioration or hardening of the gaskets without knowing, and change the zipper when it's time to change, don't wait until something slips out of the backpack to remedy the situation.
Fleece pants1. Soak the garment in cold wash for 2-3 minutes (do not soak for too long, otherwise the color of the garment will be damaged), rinse with water, then use a large towel to absorb the water, and then lay flat to dry.
2. After rinsing with water, you can also fold it and put it in a laundry bag for dehydration, and then put it flat for drying.
3. If you use soft essence, do not directly drop on the clothes, you should dilute the soft essence with water first, and then place the clothes in it.
4. Should not be mixed with towels together, or lint will stick to the clothes.
5. Please make sure to follow the instructions on the washing label to wash the clothes, do not wash the clothes indicated for dry cleaning without permission, it should be sent to the dry cleaner for dry cleaning.