How to descend properly to ensure safety when climbing?
Fast downhill knee impact is about 5-8 times their own weight, even if a person is not fat, from a 1,000-meter peak all the way down, the knee will suffer thousands of times about half a ton of blows, if the weight, and take a hammer slamming their knees is basically the same.
Here are a few suggestions for protecting your knees while climbing, I hope to help you.
1. The most important: DO NOTrun, DO NOT jump, slow down and be careful. Downhill rush is the most fatal to the knees. The correct way to descend is to lower the center of gravity to the back and lower it slightly, stand on the front foot before shifting the center of gravity (not the center of gravity on the front foot to smash down), and always have one foot supported on the ground.
2. Reduce the weight as much as possible. Before starting must be measured, even to climb a small mountain, upright walking time of more than 4 hours is also very normal. In general, the weight of more than 1/4 of the weight, down the mountain from the perspective of protecting the knees to control the pace, even in special circumstances, the weight should not try to exceed 1/3 of the weight.
3. Before you start climbing, do sufficient preparatory activities, including stretching, so that the joints, muscles and ligaments get a good warm-up. You can also rub the lower edge of the knee with your fingers with both hands to promote the secretion of joint lubrication night.
4. Use knee pads and hiking poles. Hiking poles to choose a good one, preferably two, I found a lot of people hate to use pads, I do not quite understand why, but I highly recommend using both pads, especially hiking poles.
5. Don't have a show-off mentality, otherwise it only proves that you are not mature enough. If you really want to climb cooler, choose to show your speed when you go up the mountain, and don't forget to carry water for everyone else by the way.
6. What kind of physical strength is the first to climb what kind of mountain, the challenge of new difficulties to be gradual, it is recommended to correctly assess their physical strength and outdoor ability before starting, think about whether they can keep up with the speed of their peers or process arrangements, it is best not to overspend their knees.
7. Wear shoes suitable for climbing, and remember that generally soft ground, grass, gravel slopes, snow are relatively friendly to the knees, but pay attention to non-slip, and when walking on gravel roads must take care of the people walking below you.
8. Do not "lock joints". When the thighs are overworked, walking will unconsciously lock joints, is to stretch the legs straight, which can reduce the burden on the thigh muscles, temporarily relax the muscles, but it is easy to cause knee strain, knee impact injury, ankle strain and ankle sprain.
9. Strengthen the muscles of the leg step, developed muscles can in some cases relieve the pressure on the knee, so that the knee damage is reduced to a minimum. The quadriceps (front of the thigh) and cruciate ligament exercise, if you have the conditions to go to the gym then it is best
10. If the knee injury is already serious, it is not recommended that you climb again.